Grover enlisted in the Marine Corp following high school and served from 1992-1996. After separating from the Marine Corps, he began a career in law enforcement working as a police officer from 1996-2004. Grover resigned his commission in 2004 to accept a position as a private security contractor in Iraq, where he served from 2004-2010.
After returning from Iraq, Grover took some time off to contemplate his next career move. He applied and was accepted into massage school where he graduated at the top of his class.
Grover now operates a successful massage practice, but was looking for a way to be more involved with the veteran community. This lead him to found the Veterans Healing Foundation. Through this foundation, Grover hopes to improve the lives of our veterans with massage and other holistic treatments.
The mission of the Veterans Healing Foundation is to provide a safe and compassionate environment where veterans and their family members, suffering from traumatic experiences can receive the natural, holistic treatment they need to achieve balance and integration of body, mind and spirit that are required for healing and wellness.
Holistic health has been used for thousands of years and in many cultures. The orthodox medical community is recognizing these ancient healing practices as viable methods for prevention and treatment of various conditions and diseases. It is the belief of the holistic practitioner that people are a collection of the whole, being affected by both the physical and emotional components of their inner and outer being and their energy levels, interchanging with the elements of daily life, their community at large, and the universe. Each of these areas shape the person in mind, body and spirit, and therefore impact their health and wellness.
The Veterans Healing Foundation is dedicated to the physical and emotional rehabilitation of disabled veterans through therapeutic treatment such as massage and alternative non-pharmaceutical activities including education and outings.
The Veterans Healing Foundation provides opportunities to experience health and well-being by bringing contemporary and alternative therapies to patients and their families, staff and the communities we serve. The Veterans Healing Foundation offers programs and events, including therapies in massage, reaching veterans across the Willamette Valley.
- VETERANS HEALING FOUNDATION is made up of many individuals forming a community dedicated to one mission: Each member of that community will treat the others with respect, dignity, and understanding, and will not discriminate against someone because of a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
- All beneficiaries of our programs deserve, and will receive services from volunteers sensitive to their needs, and dedicated to their success.
- It is everyone’s responsibility to support one another, with passion, diligence, creativity, and good judgment.
- Our Board of Directors will carry out its duties transparently, professionally, and efficiently.
- We operate according to non-profit best business practices and the pursuit of continuous process improvement.